Friday, February 19, 2016

My Essential Oils Testimony



Many people are skeptical to the world of essential oils. I was one of them. The problem is that there is just - so - much - information! It's mind boggling! And a lot of people just repost what they have been told instead of doing their research.

I got into doTERRA Essential Oils last Spring. It was the new thing going around and I thought, why not - I like the way they smelled.... Life happened, I got pregnant, was working full time and didn't have the time to dedicate to learning about the oils. I tried them and diffused them and noticed the citrus oils improved my mood and I was using them to clean with, but I wasn't convinced they were really all they were cracked up to be.

Within the last year I have had a really difficult time sleeping. I would wake up around midnight and lay awake for hours - sometimes until morning! It was infuriating! I tried everything - wearing myself out running around all day so I would be tired, sleepy time teas, nighttime baths - I finally decided to give the oils a try when there wasn't anything else to lose.

The first night I used Lavender and Serenity diluted in Fractionated Coconut Oil and rolled it on my chest. I don't particularly like the smell of Lavender but I was so desperate to try anything. I SLEPT LIKE A BABY ALL NIGHT! I woke up and thought, "huh, that's ironic. Doubt it will work 2 nights in a row...". Well, it did. And the next night and the next night and the next until I started scratching my head over it.

Really? That's it? No way...there's got to be more to it. Well, so far, there isn't. Life with Alice has been a whirlwind. I was running my body and mind into a stress tornado that I couldn't' pull myself out of. Suddenly, leaving the house was terrifying - a baby who screamed the entire time! Must. Finish. Everything. While. She. Sleeps. The house is a wreck - who can keep a clean house with a baby?! Seriously?! People do this! This is INSANE!

Omg I swear Lexus always has to flush to toilet for me every SINGLE time !!! - MJ:
 
 
 
I have since learned to listen to my body a little bit better and recognize when I am LOSING MY MOMMY MIND! Which happens...frequently....ok, a lot. But I have a few more items in my toolbox to help me combat the daily stresses life has thrown at me along with this sweet angel we somehow created with some help from the Man upstairs.
 
What's your "Oil Testimony Story"? If you don't have one yet you need to find yours! It helps you spread the good news to others when you can have a life changing experience to back it up when skeptics come running to squash us all with their half empty glass-ness to the sound of good news....

If you want to check out more info about oils or even some DIY oil products click here to go to my doTERRA page: http://www.mydoterra.com/alisakoken/#/
 
-Mama Bear Koken
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment